ALK Technologies kündigt auf dem Mobile World Congress in Barcelona die CoPilot Live 9 Navigations-Plattform an. Der CoPilot Live 9 wird für Android Smartphones, Tablets und iOS erhältlich sein, erste Apps werden im zweiten Quartal 2011 erwartet. Highlights sollen ein neue, interaktive Benutzeroberfläche, “Optimal Routes” (für jede Strecke stehen bis zu drei Routen zur Auswahl), Online-Inhalte (Verkehrsmeldungen, Internet-Suche mit Bing) und Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia) sein.
Die Key-Features im Detail (Quelle: ALK):
- Optimal Routes™: CoPilot Live 9 finds the best way to any destination with a choice of up to 3 routes including journey time and mileage details. It’s easy to manipulate your route by simply dragging the route or a destination flag to a preferred street or location.
- Intuitive and Interactive User Interface: CoPilot Live 9 puts advanced navigation features right at your finger tips. You can tap anywhere on any map within the app to navigate there, discover more information or share it with friends. Context-sensitive menus provide access to the features you need, when you need them.
- Enhanced Live Services: CoPilot Live 9 combines the reliability of on-board maps, stored locally on the mobile, with seamless access to useful real-time online content. ActiveTraffic™ uses live traffic flow information to intelligently calculate the fastest route available and automatically avoid delays. Fully integrated Bing™ local internet search makes it easy to find all the nearby businesses and services you need.
- Social navigation: CoPilot Live 9 makes it easy to share journey details with friends through Facebook Places check-ins and in-app Twitter updates. It can also provide access to location-specific information from Wikipedia and NAVTEQ LocationPoint™ hyperlocal retailer offers.
- Superior guidance: On the road, CoPilot Live 9’s sleek dashboard-style map display provides clear, non-distracting directions. There’s a choice of 3D, 2D and Directions-only guidance views, while Lane Assist arrows and realistic ClearTurn™ display make navigating complex junctions effortless. An all-new walking mode makes it easy to find the way around a city on-foot.
- Park my Car: to save the exact location of your car and easily find it later
- Trip Statistics: an in-app view of mileage, fuel consumption and other useful information about your previous journeys
- Door to door trip planning: Enter up to 50 stops and optimise the itinerary
- Photo Navigation: drive to a geotagged picture taken by your smartphone
- Copy/paste a destination into the address entry screen
- Enhanced map features with clearly labelled parks, rivers and lakes as well as country-specific road colours
- Detour feature: immediately find the best way around unexpected delay
- Millions of points of interest (POI) pre-loaded
- Live Weather information
- Live Fuel Prices (premium option)
- In-app news and updates to keep you informed about improvements
- Hints and tips: Context sensitive help is available throughout the app