Approach X40 – Garmin unveils his first activity tracker for golf enthusiasts with golf data and functionality, activity tracking and 24/7 heart rate technology. The Garmin Approach X40 comes with pre-loaded data from over 40,000 golf courses worldwide and can be used as a normal activity tracker with heart rate monitoring – the golf features are an extra bonus!
Garmin Approach x40 features
- Golf specific data like distances to the front, middle and back of each green
- Green View, displaying the shape of the green on each hole and allowing golfers to manually place the pin for more accurate yardages
- Preloaded data for more than 40,000 golf courses worldwide (no additional fees or subscriptions)
- AutoShot tracking, which measures and records shot distances for analysis in Garmin Connect
- 24/7 Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate technology
- Daily activity tracking, records steps, calories burned, distance, time of day, hours of sleep and reminds the users to stay active
- Smartphone notifications including incoming calls, text, emails, calendar reminders, social media alerts and vibration alerts
- 1-inch touchscreen display, water resistant, 10 hours in GPS mode and up to five days in watch mode (activity tracking, 24/7 heart rate monitoring, smart notifications enabled)
The Garmin Approach X40 will begin shipping in Q2 2016 for a suggested retail price of $249.99; the X40 will be available in black, white and frost blue.
(based on news from Garmin)