Garmin released beta updates for handheld devices from the GPSMAP 64 series. Now you can connect your GPSMAP 64sx, 64csx, 64sc or 64s to an Android or iOS smartphone via bluetooth and use all functions of the Explore app!
You get the possibility to share tracks, routes, waypoints and other related data on the fly.
Example – Changelog GPSMAP 64, 64s & 64st
- Added support for Explore Mobile
- Improved precision of some position formats
- Improved Menu > Menu shortcut so previous page loop page is remembered
- Fixed possible shutdown on configure maps page
- Fixed possible shutdown during POI spell search
- Fixed possible extra items when logging geocaches
- Fixed possible trip distance jump after first GPS fix
- Fixed prompted routing from chirp review page
Download GPSMAP 64 series beta updates
- GPSMAP 64sx: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15453
- GPSMAP 64sc: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15452
- GPSMAP 64csx: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15455
- GPSMAP 64, 64s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15450
Garmin Collections Manager
As part of the update, a "Collections Manager" will be added to the GPSMAP 64 devices – similar to the new Montana 7×0 series. With the "Collections Manager" the Explore data can be managed.
All that is missing now an update of the Explore app – because at the moment no connection is possible!